Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true that a woman defecates every time she has a contraction?

One of my friends is trying to tell me that this is true, but I asked my mother and she says it isn't.Is it true that a woman defecates every time she has a contraction?
No, but many women defacate in labor when they are pushing, because the same muscles are used in each task.Is it true that a woman defecates every time she has a contraction?
Gosh, no. Many women are given an enema as part of the ';prep'; once labor has begun after they have been admitted to the hospital, that's all
U know i freaked out about the same darn thing when i was pregnant. I was reading all kinds of pregnancy books and all of them said that you were likely to poop on yourself during labor. I was scared because i thought that would be embarrassing. Well i wound up using the bathroom all the time the week before i went into labor, and the most embarrassing thing that happened was when my husband turned to me after i had given birth a shouted out in front of everybody ';Honey good news you didn't crap all over our baby, believe me i was watching for it.'; everybody had a good chuckle over that.
I've never heard of that. My mom had 6 children and never defecated during giving birth or contractions. I'm sure that some women defecate while giving birth as I actually knew a women to do so. I believe you may have heard a weird rumor or tall tale because many women have had contractions without that side effect.
Not true. Contractions use different muscles.





In the early throws of having a baby, women usually try and do a number #2 (or have an enema as informed above) because the process of pushing a baby out of that tiny orifice requires the support of every muscle a woman can exert towards it... except for her pelvic floor which she must release as much as possible... and that is why sh*** happens... if there is some remaining in the bowel to release on exertion.





The whole process is meant to be beautiful etc etc but really thats a crock..... it is the most exhausting experience a man can make the unfortunatel mistake of being involved in... and with the modern age, we get roped in there solid - as the fall guy! It is much better portrayed in the movies where you hang around in a waiting room with a pocket full of cigars.





Strangely parents are programmed to forget this fact and often anti-up for another.
i had a baby not that long ago and i didnt defecate at all during labore but i had to really bad after i was done
no, but she may feel pain in her belly or lower back.

No comments:

Post a Comment