Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that muscles can shrink because of drinking pop?

About 3 years ago, a friend of mine told me that if you drink pop that your muscles can shrink. I drink pop sometimes but I lift two 25 pound dumbbells everyday. I do at least 20 sets. So if I were to drink pop, will my muscles shrink because of that?Is it true that muscles can shrink because of drinking pop?
ok i'm an aussie and i have no idea what ';pop'; is but juding from the soda comment above i'm guessing its some sort of fizzy drink. in such case no it can't. it's called ';use it or lose it'; principle. if you don't use your muscles they shrink (its called atrophy). and no the idiot above who said muscles turn into fat is wrong. muscles don't ';turn into fat';.





if you stop doing weights you lose muscle. But often you keep eating the same and because you don't burn off the calires you end up like a fat wreck.Is it true that muscles can shrink because of drinking pop?
No, they will not shrink if you drink it, and certainly not if you drink it only sometimes. What most pop has in it, however, is caffeine which depletes the calcium in your body. Still, this would weaken your bones and not make your muscles shrink =] If you only drink it sometimes, though, like you said before, don't worry.
It's not true.
I have no idea I was just facinated that someone else calls it Pop besides me! LOL I moved to Mass from MI and everyone says soda!
Its more of if you drink alot of it and it has to do with water retention and dehydration
noo, less exercise does it, muscles turn to fat if they arent maintained by exercising and eating healthy





pop is only part of the problem..

No comments:

Post a Comment