Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that PETA causes more harm to animals, than good?

I've seen a lot of videos and investigation articles that PETA does more harm than good.





I used to live in Norfolk, VA and whenever I passed the PETA headquarters, something smelled fishy. No Pun intended.Is it true that PETA causes more harm to animals, than good?
probably. but anyone who speaks the truth about an uncomfortable issue is going to cause harm. And peta make it worse by killing stray animals in their shelters, which makes them hypocrites. And then they make it worse still by attacking the groups who operate alternatives to killing the animals such as no-kill shelters.Is it true that PETA causes more harm to animals, than good?
Yes I think so.
Hey Christy,


In your letter to PETA are you going to include the details about where you really work????
I googled 'Peta and euthanasia' and got a shock at what I found.All I can say is, take a look for yourself...
I've read articles that cite statistics that show more animals are killed by PETA than are adopted out or cared for. In a recent case PETA picked up a bunch of abandoned dogs from a vet's office and immediately took them to a dumpster where they killed them. I think an animal has a better chance roaming the streets than it does with PETA.
Yes, it is true. PETA does a lot of harm. I appreciate you posting information about PETA. I am actually going to save a copy of this so I can review it daily. You are so right. This is serious stuff and they could be in a lot of trouble for lying on the internet
They are a tax exempt advertising firm that runs a animal shelter with a 90% euthanasia rate. Where is that good part you are talking about?
I certainly am no fan of PETA but I think they may have taken somewhat of a bum rap on this one. Just as PETA and associates use small video and sound clips to make their point so do others. I never watch these accounts. I know what happens occasionally in slaughter houses just as I can guess what happens in the PETA building. All in all they certainly do a lot of harm in their extremely propagandized video clips.
Yes. Actually if PETA has it's way, billions of animals will be killed from pets to farm animals. PETA has advocated the extinction of certain dog species because it claims the animals are ALL used in dog fighting. (talk about stereotyping). PETA has also advocated the end of no kill animal shelters. PETA jhas advocated the ';liberation'; of billions of farms animal through systematic euthanasia. PETA also has ';kits'; for animal shelters on how to exterminate ALL animals in shelters regardless of health or condition or adoptability. These are some things you won't find in a PETA website. Things they do not want you to know about PETA.
I think you should ask Peta. or people that support Peta. I am not sure why you would ask here.
Well of course PETA is suppose to be good. Yet there are cases where they might be putting more animals down than you or I would expect. In all I think they do more good.
No, it is not true. PETA does a lot of good. I don't appreciate you posting this hateful rumors about PETA. I am actually going to forward a copy of this to PETA's legal team so they can review it. You may have a defamation law suit on your hands. This is serious stuff and you could be in a lot of trouble for posting these lies on the internet.
No im in peta and were cool to animals.we killed that cow one time but it deserved it.
no
PETA's no different than the open-admission shelters around the country that are forced to euthanize animals because of the pet overpopulation crisis. About 6 to 8 million unwanted animals are abandoned at animal shelters in the U.S every year. Between three to four million of these are euthanized for various reasons. Since exsft is anti-euthanasia, he should ';walk his talk'; and take the 3 to 4 million animals into his home, finance shelters for them, or find good homes for them.





It amazes me that in polls, the vast majority of people say that pet owners should not be required to spay or neuter their animals. Add to that the breeders, pet stores, puppy mills, etc. and you have a real crisis. It's not PETA's or animal shelters' fault that there are wayyyy more animals than there are loving homes. Talk about blaming the victim...





PETA has the whole world against them... slaughterhouses, restaurants, cosmetic companies, animal circuses, laboratories, breeders, etc. It's not surprising that there are a lot of bad, false things written about PETA.





Exsft's little rant about PETA is ridiculous and unfounded, but understandable given that he runs a restaurant that serves meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment