Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that if a woman dies in childbirth, the father never picks up the child?

The midwife told me so. She said that during whole of her practice, when a woman died in childbirth, the fathers just left the child in the hospital and never came back.


Several times mothers of the dead women came to take the children, and some were sent to orphanage or whenever they send little children without anyone to claim them.Is it true that if a woman dies in childbirth, the father never picks up the child?
maybe some but not all fathers do. my mom died while having me and my twin sister. my sister died an hour after her and it was just me and my dad up till i was 16 when he died. he had always told me tha he loved for me to be around and that he was luchy to have me, and that i had always reminded him of my mother. he never dated or got remarried anyone, he said that he always loved her since the first day he had laid eyes on her. he was depressed at times because he missed her but he had also told me he just mostly rembered how she lived and he mostly like talking about when she was here. and i thank him for never blaming me for her death.Is it true that if a woman dies in childbirth, the father never picks up the child?
i doubt it. sounds like melodrama to me.
does not sound true.weired.
No...thats so not true! I'm certain some do now and then...but most Dads would take care of their baby....I know my husband would.....how pold was this midwife? 94? I can imagine that happenning 100 years ago when men didnt look after babies.
I don't know where you live, but personally I wouldn't go to a midwife with a history of people dying in childbirth. My midwives had very good outcomes and had never lost a mother or baby... :)





As far as I know, babies always go to the other living parent unless there is strong reason otherwise. I can't imagine why families wouldn't want their babies or be allowed to keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment