Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true that Chlorinated water is good for planting?

I found an asnwer on here before but i can't find it any more. Any helps? It's for my science fair project. Also, is chorinated is in sink water too?Is it true that Chlorinated water is good for planting?
Fluoride is in tap/sink water it's supposed to help your teeth





Chlorinated water is used in swimming pools it help kill bugs and bacteria, it makes some people ill, I wouldn't put it on my plants.


Rain water is best for plants.Is it true that Chlorinated water is good for planting?
I thought that it was swimming bath water.. and i wouldnt use it on my plants..
I don't know where your previous answers came from as all water used for public supply in the UK has to go through a chlorination process. I work for one of the biggest water companies in the UK and have personally worked on a chlorination plant to treat raw water. In conjunction with this all new mains laid have to be chlorinated before they are put into use. So yes it is used for planting, and drinking and washing up, washing the car etc etc so long as you don't have a water meter. Then if you are eco friendly you use rain water.
I dont know if any good for plants but there is some chloride in tap water.

No comments:

Post a Comment