Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true diet coke or diet pepsi is not good for your bones?

My mother told me the other day to stop drinking so much diet coke and diet pepsi. I'm 21 years old. It is my favorite beverage and I drink diet coke's or diet pepsi's about once a day. I usually have three or four diet cokes or diet pepsi's once a day. My mom said it is not good for my bones. Is what my mom told me is it true? Is diet coke or diet pepsi bad for your bones?Is it true diet coke or diet pepsi is not good for your bones?
Yes, but it isn't the caffeine, it's the carbon dioxide. Drink a few glasses of low-fat or non-fat milk a day instead, and maybe cut back to just one can of soda a day. Don't overdo it on the milk, though, as that can be bad for you as well. Usually a lot of any one thing isn't good for you.





If you are lactose intolerant, then you can always try drinking soy-milk with vitamin D and calcium added.Is it true diet coke or diet pepsi is not good for your bones?
No, it's not the carbon dioxide in the soda that's bad for our bones. We BREATHE carbon dioxide! It's phosphorus in soda that depletes the calcium in our bones.

Report Abuse



I'm with you man... how can C02 cause any damage to bones???

Report Abuse



That true cause the diet drinks ruin your bones by taking away the calcium thats suppose to go to your bones, and also the sweetener ruins your kidneys!!
Supposedly, its the caffeine thats bad for your bones...but some experts say it take a lot more soda to hurt your bones than an average person can drink.
all soda period is not good for your bone caffine is not good for you. Yes you do need to drink milk and other products bc milk is the best for your bones if you dont you will regret it when youget older. so what your mom said is true
Try this: Get yourself a small chicken bone, like from the wing or something and drop it into a glass full of Diet whichever you want for 3 or 4 days and see what happens to the bone then. That'll be your answer.
True





The poster ahead of me is correct. Also the sweetener in Diet is very bad for your system
I drink Diet Coke too. Always have.


I've heard it draws calicum from your bones.


But who knows.


I think it's better to drink fewer calories than to drink all the calories in regular coke and gain more weight.


Which we know is unhealthy.
3 or 4 a day won't hurt you. The tests she's probably heard about or read about were on rats that were force-fed the equivalent of 2 CASES a day or more. There's a web site by a guy who went into all that, you can search for 'diet coke' and it'll come up.
If it wasn't, I'd be crippled by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment